- Go to the Facebook login page: Open your web browser and navigate to the Facebook website (www.facebook.com).
- Click on “Forgot Password?”: Below the login form, you will find a link that says “Forgot Password?”. Click on it.
- Identify Your Account: On the next page, you will be asked to identify your account. Enter the email address or username associated with your Facebook account. If you have previously added a secondary email address or a recovery phone number, you might be able to use them here.
- Choose a Password Reset Method: If you don’t have access to your old phone number or the secondary email address, click on the option “No longer have access to these?”. This will lead you to another page where you will be asked to provide a new email address where Facebook can contact you.
- Provide a New Email Address: Enter a new email address that you currently have access to, and click on “Continue”. Facebook will use this email to send you a password reset link.
- Check Your Email: Open the inbox of the new email address you provided. You should receive an email from Facebook with the subject “Reset Your Facebook Password.”
- Reset Your Password: Click on the link provided in the email, and you will be directed to a page where you can reset your Facebook password.
- Create a New Password: Enter a new password for your Facebook account and click on “Continue.”
- Access Your Account: After successfully resetting your password, you should be able to log in to your Facebook account with your new credentials.
Remember to keep your login details secure and up to date to avoid any future issues with accessing your Facebook account. Additionally, consider enabling two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security.